Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Fantasy Season Wrap-Up In Two Words: I Sucked.

Not that anyone cares about someone else's fantasy football league (or kids, pets, etc for that matter), but my performance was so poor that I feel compelled to prevent others from screwing up as bad as I did.

Somehow, watching football every Sunday for the whole of my existence was not sufficient to stave off crushing defeat. As you can see below, I managed to come in dead last out of 10 teams.


I'd blame it on my fantasy inexperience, but as it was the first time for the guy with the number 3 team as well, I think the real problem was me. I never got anything going in the first half of the season, and, like I was fearful of before, the lack of depth at RB ultimately killed me.

Solid advice for next season: Focus on getting the best 2 running backs, then a QB or WR, the best WR left (or a third RB if a decent starter is left) and then worry about a second QB or defense. Without fail, there is always a decent QB, WR, or defense floating around as a free agent by week two.

Now I only have 8 months or so to wait to see if this approach works out better. Of course, at the rate I post, this may be only 2 or 3 posts from now.

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks. How the hell did the winner get so far ahead? He must have had some kind of super team.

You should join our little league next year. I was a fantasy virgin, managed to come in first during the regular season, but lost in the championship game. That despite having a backfield of Westbrook and Reggie Bush and Philip Rivers at QB.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Veritas99 said...

Not a bad line-up. Our regular season champ had LT, Parker and Gore (before anyone knew Gore would be a stud) plus a few other good position guys. Despite destroying everyone all season, he actually lost in the finals when LT & Parker shat the bed.

Let me know when your league forms next year...now that I've had a little taste of fantasy, I want more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home