Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Who's In Your Fantasy?

No, not that kind of fantasy you pervert.

I'm talking fantasy football and the glorious games of the gridiron. The season is finally upon us as my beloved Steelers (sans Roethlisberger) take on the Dolphins tonight! I'm a huge football fan and always look forward to the season, but this time I'm even more excited because:

1. I Recently Purchased A 40" Sony HD LCD TV.

2. It's My First Excursion Into The World of Fantasy Football.

In retrospect is seems odd that it's taken me this long to actually join a fantasy football league. That said, my novice drafting skills were on full display Tuesday as I managed to end up with 2 of the top 3 QBs (Palmer & Brady) but a severe lack of depth at RB (S. Jackson, C. Dillon, W. Lundy, and B. Jacobs) and WR (T. Owens, K. Johnson, M. Jones, E. Moulds, and T. Williamson). For those scoring at home, that means I'm sitting a QB that can routinely score as many points as any two guys at RB or WR. It's tough to figure out what kind of trade to make that shores up my team, but doesn't undervalue Palmer or Brady. Whatever...I'm starting Palmer against KC this week and we'll take it from there.

Oh yeah, I'm also taking Seattle this week in my survival pool...I'm not afraid to announce my picks like Shaffner.

Go Steelers!
Veritas99


UPDATE:

Steelers 28 Dolphins 17

Now that's what I'm talking about. As an added bonus, in my only "hometown" fantasy pick, I took Pittsburgh's defense, which managed to shut down the run, force a fumble, intercept 2 passes, and score a defensive touchdown. Icing, baby, icing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home